Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a dreaming shared


Time for an invigorating cup of green tea - we've just spent a beautiful weekend at the dreaming festival with friends - inspirational and awesome all round but the Kahawi Dance Theatre from Canada and Shelly Morris from the NT were my highlights. I went and saw Shelly twice and am in love with the message she brought and one of her songs and have started playing around with the song on my guitar.

I have been reflecting on the meaning of "inspiration", "inspire", "to be inspired" because I really want this blog to be a place where we can be "inspired" - I say we because I find as I write (and sometime when i speak) - unconscious thoughts crystallise into words that I learn from as I write - hmm that's a topic for another post.... We use this phrase all the time but how often do we truly "inspire" - what does it mean to you? - to me? here are some meanings i found in the dictionary - "to breathe in", "to breathe on", "to affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence" - don't we all long for this, not just once in awhile but regularly and deeply, fresh, clear life air - we are creative and created beings that live to create by the fusion of fire and passion within and in doing so reflect the creative passion of our creator...
...and we inspire one another by sharing the gems of wisdom and soul truths that we have mined from our own dreaming, let's connect with each other and share our lives - perhaps ask the question 'how can I be a person that inspires and encourages others?' - here's an idea to get you started - if you have a friend that inspires you drop them a little handrwritten card (it will show them you've taken some time out for them) - and let them know how much you appreciate their friendship and encouragement - I think I'll be dropping Shelly a card this week.....make this week wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment